February 17th, 2015

moon

Chimney Mosaic

imageJust when I thought I wasn't going to get any work done on the mosaic I started on the chimney in my kitchen, I got a wild inspiration and was able to add the sun.  Back in the summer I found 4 yellow plates at a local thrift shop to use for the sun, but I got attached to the plates and had not been able to break them up.  On Sunday, I finally decided I could make do with just 3 of them and whack went the hammer.  I am pleased with the results.  Now it's time to add some more to the sky and then some grouting.  It's very difficult to do the bending required to do the work on the lower parts.  I had a chair that my husband had cut off but it's somewhere outside and there's a lot of snow on the ground so I probably won't be grouting for a while.  But, I'm very grateful that I did get a bit done. I try to work on it some every winter, started about 3 years ago.